25 Feb 2013

♡ YSL Rouge Volupte in No. 7 Rose Lingerie

There's a little mirror on the top - very practical.

Swatching the No. 7  Rose Lingerie

Don't you freaking love the packaging?

I have been longing for one of these YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks forever since I saw so many beautiful pictures of it on Tumblr, Youtube etc. So I did wanted to buy one for myself but I hesitated because of the price, this is definitely the most expensive lipstick I own. Thanks to the lovely bf. Hi honey:) Yes, do I like it? I am in love with the packaging, it feels sturdy, expensive, and is so amazingly beautiful. My pictures don't make it any justice. 

Except for the packaging, I have to say that I was disappointed with the texture and the quality of the lipstick. People are saying that these are a dream to put on, that they love the texture and stuff but I absolutely hate the texture of it. When I apply it on my lipstick, the texture is gritty, it feels really weird. I would compare the texture to a chapstick but softer. Plus, the lipstick doesn't go back down when you swivel the tube! WTF right? I actually felt it was a fake stuff, the quality feels like the fake stuff that you buy on ebay but it's not fake, it's the real thing. Sadly the real thing is just disappointing for me. Do you have the same problem? 

As for colour, the No. 7 is a light mauve-pink colour which I love. It is very pigmented and has a slight sheen to it. But I feel that it is not super consistent in colour, so I always have to dab it in. Whenever I wear this lipstick, I feel so 'precious'. Haha It is such a beautiful colour. I could be slightly biased because it's a high-end lipstick but whatever, it is really pretty. If I wear this one out, I would just dot a little on the upper and lower lips, and blend it in. Then I get perfection. As for long-lastingness, I would compare it to Rimmel or Revlon lipsticks. 

Do I recommend this?
It's hard to answer this. I do love the colour and the packaging but I hate the texture. I absolutely hate the texture. Gritty and super soft texture AND it does not go back down the tube. As much as I want to say "Yes, I recommend it", I can't because at the end of the day, this is a lipstick but it is just not worth money atleast for me. I like it as a luxury item plus it's bf's gift but not as a lipstick. haha

4 comments:

  1. such a nice pink lippie. but looks like a fake, I agree

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean? the one I have looks fake? Ohh, but it's the real deal. or you meant just the lipstick texture looks fake? haha I don't understand

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the lipstick container itself looks a bit vintage.

    It sucks that it's not as smooth to put on as expected, especially given the high price tag that comes with it. I find Chanel has the best lipsticks.

    http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll try Chanel next, thanks for the tip:)

    ReplyDelete