11 Dec 2014
1 Nov 2014
1. Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash - I liked using this cleanser with my Clarisonic. It might not be the best idea because it contains salicylic acid, so this combination is really drying but whatever. Not repurchased again simply because I'm not a big fan of the scent.
2. Bioderma Sébium H2O Micelle Solution 250ml - I thought about switching up my makeup remover and use this one because it claimed to control excess sebium and stuff. But I don't think it made any difference at all.
3. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution 500ml - Big girl now, switched to the 500ml. Love it.
4. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution 250ml - Go for medium size if you're like me - tend to use too much with big bottles.
5. Clearasil Daily Clear Daily Gel Wash 150ml - Definitely my go to cleanser of all time, it has salicylic acid and I like the scent. Plus it's cheap.
6. Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer Acne & Shine Control - I'm on my 3rd bottle and I'm still unsure if I like it or not. I liked using it under my foundation just because it contains salicylic acid but I don't think it did much as a primer. But it does reduce redness - not for long though.
7. Lancôme Trésor Eau De Parfum - Sample I got as a gift, it smells amazingly good. Still undecided whether I should purchase a bottle, it's so pricey.
8. Batiste Dry Shampoo (Wild) - It gives ton of volume volume.
9. Bausch & Lomb ReNu MultiPlus - I'm a contact lens wearer, these are simply necessities.
10. TRESemmé Smooth Salon Silk Conditioner - 900 ml - It's okay, does the job, not a fan of the scent.
11. Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing - Honestly I bought this because there was so much hype about this product. Normally, I would not even dare to purchase any Freeman products because of the high alcohol content. It did a pretty good job, my skin felt smooth every time I used it though it's more of a scrub than a mask I'd say.
12. Pixi Early Bird Make Up Kit - This was my very first makeup palette, it's old and just a mess inside, all cracked up because it fell down. I did not use it much except for the bronzer.
13. Mudd Original Mask Deep Cleansing Pure Clay Formula - I bought about 5 of these, it's cheap, gets the job done. For those with sensitive/dry skin, beware because of the high alcohol content.
31 Oct 2014
5 Jul 2014
Hi people, it's been pretty long since I've blogged, probably a month or so I think but then, I did not have much to share with you. It's past midnight, I'm listening to 'Heart Attack' by Demi Lovato on Youtube, she is I would say my favourite female artist, I love her voice so much. Lately, I've been obssessed with using the elliptical machine at gym, once I even got to 700 calories which could be a false 700 though. Anyways, yeah it's been a little over a month since I've started going to the gym, I'm still fat because I eat chocolate all the time. Let's just say that I'm obssessed with elliptical and dark chocolate precisely by Cote D'or, yes I've favourites! I've been going to the gym 5 times a week for an average of one and 15 minutes most the time. I've not noticed much difference except that maybe my arms are a very slightly less flabby and my thighs got a slightly smaller. I used the word "slightly" because my brother tells me that it's all in my head and that I'm still fat. lol He's annoying. Over the past 2-3 days, I ate an entire box of 200g dark chocolate. It's like a week of working out for nothing I know but I had such bad craving for it. What else can I talk about? Hmm yeah, work has been pretty good, no not good, just busy and complicated and lots of "what the heck are they talking about" and lots of replying to emails and asking questions to which I would ask more questions and during conference calls, I understand nothing because of their accents but I've been growing so much in my work, I understand a little more, and what my job is about and what is expected of me and how I should do my job, it's just very mind opening. Mind opening? Yeah, I don't know if I'm using that term correctly but whatever.
What else? Oh yeah, by the way, I've discovered that I don't need to wear makeup primers anymore because my Missha BB cream has already dimethicone in it which is the one of the main ingredients in makeup primers and my bb cream does not come blotchy at the end of the day even after the gym. I might do a makeup routine blog post tomorrow...no later on today because we are obviously already tomorrow...yes, I'm blabbering. A few hours ago, I bought 3 tops on Ebay for $29, pretty good right? No, I don't know if that was a good idea but these tops were cute and kind of cheap compared to Asos but then I know I should not expect much in terms of quality.
I should work out tomorrow, I ate so much........I need to sleep and drink tons of water, I got these little red dots like on my arms because I don't drink enough water which seems so weird..
30 May 2014
Hi, how are you? Me? I'm fine. I'm only, you know, stressed and itching to do some online shopping like always but I should not. So, I thought why not update my blog and make a post about how I'm feeling today. I was looking for a picture for this post to start off and I found the perfect one, I thought that this represents me and how I feel. I love receiving parcels, I love opening them and discovering what I bought. Yes, I used the word "discovering" because sometimes on the spur of the moment, I don't even remember what I have purchased. Isn't it sad? Yeah, shopping makes my pretty wallet really sad. I recently got a new leather with a leopard panel from Asos, I love it, I was actually yearning for a Marc by Marc Jacobs one, but who am I kidding, I'm never going to buy something that expensive. At this point in my life, I feel like I do 80% of my shopping online. I've buying honestly a lot, my makeup collection has grown so much, okay it's not as crazy huge like those of Youtube gurus ...though I wished!
I remember when I first started shopping, I would go on Ebay and buy loads of cheap costume jewelry. Then I got fed with fake stuff, and I started working, got my own credit card and I moved to much better quality stuff. And yeah, I found Asos, I got many many clothes, shoes and accessories from there and you know, that was new thing. Then I moved on, I started my search for holy grail makeup and beauty products - all thanks to the Youtube generation and now I'm obssessed with buying makeup. I go on Feelunique and Asos almost everyday to see if they got new beauty brands or any sale going on. I go on shopping websites every single day. I cannot believe how much time I actually waste on there but I cannot help myself.Yeah, me too I wonder where this post is going and what the hell is my point in writing this post. Maybe by writing this, I'm hoping to get some sympathy from you guys who can relate and understand what I'm feeling.
I seriously want to shop. Maybe get these stupid work pants that I've been meaning to buy since forever. On a side note, I hate buying work clothes because I found them to be such a waste of money. What is wrong with me, right? I've no idea but I don't like wearing work clothes, most of them are so uncomfortable and itchy and too crisp for me or just crease so easily. I don't like working, I don't like studying or doing anything except shopping. Can I be a personal online shopper? But only for people with similar taste than me. Duh, I won't have any client. Seriously, I should get back to revising and get my act together. I've two exams and actually, I'm aiming to pass only one of the two because I don't give much crap about the second one because I know that if I study for both, I won't pass any of them.
I want to shop. I want to get this beautiful Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette which will cost me fifty pounds with shipping which is so ridiculously expensive and I already have 3 UD Naked palettes. I know, there's something so wrong with me that I'm compensating the void with food and online shopping. I miss my boyfriend. Honey, can I get the palette? Please? Or maybe something from MADO, oh I have that voucher for Mado, okay, I know what I want to get next week if we go shopping, I'm going to get a new foundation at Mado. YEAH. Did I tell you about this Dior gloss I bought which I have not used.
That's all for tonight, I actually wrote more personal stuff but I erased more because it just too personal for your eyes. Good night ladies and I hope this picture made you smiled.. because it made me smiled.
Picture Source: Google
21 May 2014
11 May 2014
Hi :) I'm back with another empties post. I cleaned up my vanity this morning and I thought I'd share my thoughts on these products before throwing them away.
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Melt-In Cream - I got this when I was going through a test study that I was obliged to use on my face everyday. I loved the texture of this sunscreen but sadly this broke me out. My brother tried it too for while and it broke him out too.
2. Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Sun-Kissed Look in Deep - I have a love/hate relationship with this tanning product. It's sticky, smells bad overnight, may give you an orange color if you leave it for too long and you may missed some areas of your body since it's a white cream.
3. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment - It makes your hair smells really good but as far as healing and hydrating your hair and whatever, I don't think it works unless you use a ton for example if you want to deep condition your hair but then, this is so expensive, I don't think it's worth it.
4. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - I'm still on the fence about this acne product. It stings so much and it does not work as effectively as other products I've tried.
5. Garnier Intensive 7 Days Hydrating Lotion with Moisturising Aloe Vera - I don't have much to say about this one, I think it's okay, it hydrates your skin and feels fresh on application but maybe due to its alcohol content. It smells fresh and the scent is very subtle. I didn't think it lives up to its claim about 7-days hydrated skin.
6. Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in No.4 Pink Rose - I got this a long time ago, it's time to throw it away I guess. I never really like it, I don't like blush on me, I remember getting it because so many bloggers raved about this shade back in the day but me no likey.
7. Eau de Cologne Thé Vert - This is my favorite perfume right now and probably will always be. It's smells so good and fresh. I love it so much and I'm already on my third consecutive bottle but I may get fed up of this soon.
8. Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash - I like using this cleanser with my Clarisonic. It might not be the best idea because it contains salicylic acid, so this combination is really drying but whatever. I won't be repurchasing this one since I like the scent of the original daily cleanser better.
9. Olay Anti-Wrinkle Mature Skin Night Cream - I enjoy using this, it does not sting and feels really good once you apply it. But I don't think it's as hydrating as Cetaphil lotion.
10. Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream - This is an acne treatment, it contains salicylic acid. I don't think it worked that great effectively on me though and for price you don't get that much product even though it is relatively cheap.
11. Avon Spectra Lash Mascara in brown black - This mascara is pretty good, I love the fact that it's brown mostly because it's does not look super bad when it smudges and it gives you a more natural look compared to black mascara.
12. Cosmopolitan Beauty Expert Eyebrow Styling Kit - This has been my staple brow product for a long time and it was basically the only brow product I've ever used excluding the Rimmel brow pens which I don't really like. As for the kit itself, I don't really recommend it because the only thing I've ever used is the dark brow powder, the other stuff I think are simply useless.
13. Top Budget Disques à Démaquiller - I've been using this brand for as long as I remember using makeup. It's so cheap and available in most 'supermarchés'.
Okay I'm off now, I need to get some stuff done like studying...and do my nails...
5 May 2014
Lately my skin has been feeling so dry, flaky, oily, acne-prone, it's been crazy, so I thought I would try this Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion to solve my dry skin issue and it did the trick for me. I would apply this after cleansing my face. What I don't like about it is the scent and the texture, I wished it felt thicker. After moisturising my face, I apply this Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Acne And Shine Control. I've used this before and stopped because it made my face look drier but the thing this did a great job as a primer and plus I love that it contains salicylic acid to fight my acne. Another comeback is the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ - No.23, I always love the texture of this bb cream, and it does not break me out though it may be a little lighter than my skin but nothing a bronzer can't solve. I've been loving this as my overall foundation and I would use Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation - Nude as a concealer only on my blemishes. And I can't go out without brows, now having dark hair, this Sigma Beauty Brow Powder Duo - Dark has been awesome! Finally for the eyes, I love bronze colors and this Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Khol Kajal Eye Liner - Bronze is so easy and quick to apply.
Since I've got back to using Missha BB cream, I felt the need to use a bronzer everyday and I've been liking this one from Pixi Early Bird Kit (middle). The thing is I don't own any other bronzer and this palette is probably 3 years old now or more, I don't know, okay maybe two years but whatever, it works for me.
This Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - Romantic has been with me for a long time, and oddly, I never talked about it on my blog. I think for me this is the best lip stain thingy. I love the staying/stain-ing power, the color, the texture, and the fresh minty smell. And FYI, this is better than these Rimmel ones.
Okay, we shall not forget the important makeup tools one should own, right? I love applying bb cream with the Sigma Beauty F80 Flat Kabuki, it's just applies so much faster and gives me better coverage and beautiful finish. Since I don't own any concealer brush, this Sigma Beauty E30 Pencil has been pretty useful, I would dab concealer on my blemishes with this and later use my ring finger in dabbing motion to blend it in. Do you recognise this third brush, it's from the original Naked palette or the 2? I don't know, but this is the only one I find useful, the two ended one is just horrible. I find applying the brow powder with the brush so quick and easy, I just need color in my brows, I don't need perfect shape though I would like that but I'm no brow expert sadly. Once I've applied the brow powder, I like going back in with a spoolie to make it more natural and this Sigma Beauty E80 Brow and Lash is great. For bronzer, I use the Sigma Beauty F40 Large Angled Contour, secretly I would like to own the Nars Kabuki Ita Brush but it's expensive and I can't find it online where the website would ship to here and yeah, I don't need it, I would just like to own it.
7 Apr 2014
I know this review is one long overdue. I got this last June, see my post here. I remember I regretted my purchase back then, now I'm like whatever. This brush does what it claims to do, it is compact and de-tangles your hair easily and almost pain free. Some hair would get stuck in between the bristles (??) naturally like with any other hair brushes. I still think this is leopard print is so ugly and this brush looks so cheap-ish toy-lookalike in real life. This brush is all plastic and I've no problem washing it with water and soap though water would remain inside and you have to shake that off. Other than that, I've nothing much more to say. Would I repurchase this if I lost it or recommend it to anyone? Hmm I don't know, maybe because it's annoying to brush my hair since my hair is dry and tangles easily.
6 Apr 2014
I was on fence on buying this for so long because it is relatively expensive and I did not thought it was that important to get this specific one just for taking your makeup off. But let me tell you something, I LOVE this and now I regret not getting more of the 500 ml. I purchased this one from echemist.co.uk and they only have the 250 ml in stock now. The reason why I love this is it feels like water, yes like water, simply water, no fragrance, no stinging, nothing, just water...does not taste like water huh because I tasted it..I took off my lipstick and licked my lips..And yes, it takes off makeup easily though I might admit that it takes more than 2-3 swipes to take off mascara but it's fine because it does not even sting your eyes. You know these makeup removers that dry out your face or leaves a sticky or oily film on your face, you won't get these issues with this one ;)
5 Apr 2014
This combination has been my favorite for a really long time. I would have that on my nails for months and not get bored of it though eventually now, I'm over it haha. I thought I would share what nail polishes I've used for this.
|Step 1: Bourjois So Laque Ultra Shine Nail Polish No.45 Rose Merveille|
|Step 2: Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish No.14 Rainbow Apparition|
|Step 3 (for more shine): Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish No.01 Transparent Glossy|
3 Apr 2014
I already had the idea to splurge on something before getting into Mado and so I did. I swatched a lot of lipsticks and lipgloss mainly YSL and Dior ...because of their packaging. I ended up with this really sparkly one of a kind(according to me) lipgloss because I don't own any lipgloss, I never really liked lipgloss because most I've tried were sticky but I thought that this one looks soooooo pretty that I could overlook the sticky-ness if it was. Anyways, I got a Dior Addict Gloss in Minauderie.
28 Mar 2014
One thing I hate about Sigma is that shipping takes so long (it took more than a month!!) and you PAY for shipping whereas Asos/Feelunique/Echemist comes in about 2 weeks and they have free shipping policy. And I was disappointed with my purchase because of the quality of the packing of the brow powder I guess, I expected better from Sigma and yeah, there's no mirror inside, that really sucks..on a good note, it's a real brown instead of a brown with an red-ish tint.
20 Mar 2014
I spent almost every night on my laptop mostly watching series online or videos on Youtube while viber-ing my awesome boyfriend, he's already asleep and I'm not, I'm a night owl and a very moody sleepy person in the morning. Right now, I'm listening to "Timber" by Kesha & Pitpull, I'm a new fan, I re-found her after listening to this one song, I think she's so free and honest and is just herself - I watched some episodes of her reality tv series. Is it just me or Kesha just looks different now? I like her makeup, and her hair. I want her hair.
18 Mar 2014
16 Mar 2014
I'm back with another 'empties' tag post. I kept a box with all the products I've used up and it's time for me to finally make this post and get rid of these empties and plus I throwing away some really old and unused stuff as well. I was in the mood of cleaning out my beauty drawer.
Click the link below to see more details :)